For Parents & Caregivers
Create your own musical xylophone with water glasses, water and a stick to tap them with. Kids will learn all about making different sounds and putting them together to make songs!
Steps to do this at home
- Get out some glasses (identical ones work best).
- Fill a pitcher with water and get your child to pour different amounts in the glasses.
- Arrange the glasses by level of fullness.
- To make a colourful version, put a few drops of food colouring in the different glasses!
- Play your homemade xylophone by tapping the glasses with a stick (chopsticks work great)
- Ask you child why they think the different water levels make different sounds.